Friday, March 9, 2012

Life in the Fish Bowl

So.............I never ever never ever link up with anything.  There are lots of reasons but the main one is the lack of time that I seem to always have.  And right now is no exception.  I digress.  When I saw the link up at Kelly's Korner today I knew it was right for me.  She is linking ministry wives today.

To say that I have lived my life in the ministry for Christ is the understatement of the year.  My husband is currently the associate pastor at a Baptist church in the next county over.  My father pastors, my brother pastors, and my father in law pastors.  Clayton doesn't stand a chance.  It's the family business and it's all I have ever really known.  And it's a good thing.

Being a ministry family is amazing and amazingly difficult.  We definitely live our lives differently than "normal" families.  But we are still just normal people that have the same experiences as the families in our churches.  Personally I wouldn't change how we live our lives.  Yes we are busy.  But some of that is by our own design.  And yes we will always be busy.  Dinner is not always(or rarely) at 6pm around the table with all of us there.  But that's the life we have. 

Chad and I joke with each other and say that we have the life we never knew we wanted.  We got married very young.  I was 19 and he was 20.  It's hard to believe that was 10 years ago.  We have an awesome 4 year old red headed little boy, and our daughter Johanna has been waiting for us for 2 1/2 years in Heaven.  She's already where we all not so secretly long to be.  Chad also works a full time job to help support us after I was part of a medical lay off 2 years ago.  I'm currently 7 weeks(not that I'm counting) away from finishing my degree in Emergency Medical Sciences.  I work part time for our county's EMS system.  I love EMS and I'm so excited to be finished.

We love our life and its ridiculously busy schedule.  We love our family even though we don't get to spend near as much time with them as we would like.  We love our God because He first loved us and chose us before the foundation of the world.

Ministry life is an amazing ride that I wouldn't change for anything.

Sorry it's fuzzy.  We were cold and excited to be watching our beloved Crimson Tide.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

HI I jumped over from Kelly's corner I never read her blog but some suggested I should like up because it is for pastors wives. I did not really feel like it. We recently lost our son stillborn 1-24-12. I could not believe when I popped on here that you to have walked this hard path. Is there somewhere on you blog I can read about your sweet girl or grief. It helps to read others feeling's to know I am not alone. I am so glad you linked up just knowing that you made it through is helpful!

Sisters said...

Congrats on the upcoming ems degree(?) Way to go!
Hopping over from Kelly, I love that you love the ministry!

Mindy said...

Nice to meet you! I am hopping over for Kelly.....hopefully I will get a post up and link up later today.

Allison said...

Saw your link on Kelly's blog. We are big Roll Tide fans too.

Stacy @ Cardigans and Crayons said...

Found you from Kelly's Korner!! So excited to connect with other ministry wives!!

Erin said...

Hi! I found you on Kelly's Korner! We have 2 things in common...the ministry and the Tide!!

Sheyennew said...

Found you via Kelly's Korner! I'm a PW and a Trisomy mom... our daughter Whitney had triploidy, a form of trisomy. She was born/passed in February 2010. Love your blog!