Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ooh...Ooh...Ooh...Ooh

OK, that probably did absolutely nothing to let you know what I'm talking about. I'm excited, and I have good news. Well, in our current situation some things that would normally be sad and ball your eyes out upsetting, become great news. It's funny how your ideas change when God changes your plans.

Anyway, I finally heard back from "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep". For those of you that have not heard about this organization, and I was one of them until just a few short months ago, NILMDTS is a non-profit group of volunteer photographers that come to the hospital and photograph terminally ill or still born infants.

When I first heard of this group I knew I wanted them to take portraits of Jo once she arrived. First off, I had to make sure she was going to go to 25 weeks gestation before I contacted them. Well, we've passed that date by 6 weeks. How crazy is that? I email them the day week 25 rolled over, and was put in contact with a semi local photographer that has agreed to help us. When I say semi-local I mean about 30 miles away. We live in a smallish town(although not as small as the towns in WY and ID that we had the privilege of visiting), with a smallish hospital, and of course the photographer that had been assigned to our area is no longer with the organization(it's volunteer work, I get it, people are busy and sometimes life just takes over). I got an email from our photographer last night saying that he would be willing to come out of his area and take portraits of Johanna once she's born.

I don't know that words could express how happy this makes me. Like I said, sometimes your perception of events changes with the changing of circumstances. I love pictures. I probably have around 30 pictures in my living room alone, and that's in addition to the digital photo frame that rolls pics 24/7/365.

If you've never heard of NILMDTS, you should definitely check out their website. Who knows, maybe one day you can pass along their information, and help someone in a situation similar to ours.

http://nowilaymedowntosleep.org

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, that's so awesome! I was wondering if you were going to have a photographer come to the hospital. I know it's got to be so hard, but I know you will cherish those pictures forever!

Praying for you today! Take care.

Monica said...

I cannot express how thankful I am for the pics I have of Evan. This organization is truly a blessing.