Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals..........

I don't really do resolutions each year.  Mainly because I feel like a major failure when I break the resolutions.  However, as each new year dawns and the old one passes I do reflect a little on what I would like to achieve in the new year.  As 2009 ticked away and 2010 started, I thought a lot about what I would like to accomplish.  And now here's my list:

  • Lose some weight.  I think this in on almost every girl's list.  I've had 2 babies in less than 2 years and have retained weight from both of them.  I also stress eat and last year was most definitely stressful.  So I ate.  Well it's now time to stop stress eating.  Only eat when I'm hungry.  And most importantly to eat consciously, and not just shovel in food.  1 week down and so far I'm doing great.  I'm not quite ready to work through my food and weight issues with ya'll but I will keep you posted as I make progress, fall off the wagon(I know me) and pick myself up again.  I've done it before and I can most certainly do it again.
  • Study my Bible more.  This was on my goal list last year, and I actually did it.  I've done both independent reading and Bible studies.  I like the studies the best because they keep my focused.  This year our newsletter at church has a Bible reading plan printed on the back. I'm gonna do this one.  I believe it takes you through the entire Bible and Psalms twice.
  • Save money.  Not necessarily to see the numbers in my bank account rise, although that's nice, but more to have a sense of worth about the things that I do buy.  I do not like spending $100 at the grocery store and being able to carry everything I purchased in 3 bags.  Thanks to couponing, researching sales and prices, and deciding what we actually need I've been able to save money at the grocery store.  It's a great feeling and I'm not so disappointed when I get home from the store.  I plan to keep this up in 2010 and get even better at it.
  • Cook.  I don't really like to cook.  In fact, if I could get away with it, we would eat out all the time.  But that goes against both goald 1 and 3.  I can't lose weight or save money if we're eating out all the time.  I froze the makings of 12 meals this past Saturday.  I plan to serve those to my boys through out January.  I've already done the hard work so now all I have to do is heat and eat.
  • Clean out my closets and reduce the amount of "things" we have.  I have so much junk in my house that we don't need or even use.  I hope to get rid of it this year.  And to stop bringing so much junk home.  We don't need it.
  • Be a more conscious wife, mother, friend, and employee.
That's what I would like to do in 2010.  Nothing too extreme.  I think it's doable.  We shall see as the year unfolds.

3 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

My "resolution" has been to lose weight for the last three years. I might stick with it this year. I'm like Amy. I don't lose weight because I don't try hahaha
Awesome goal list.

Maryellen said...

Nikki
Those are wonderful goals.

I'm know with God's help you can accomplish them.

He who began a good work in you is able to complete it !

AMEN

Adrienne said...

Great list of goals! Just take baby steps at them, most of yours are mine as well!