Friday, January 29, 2010

The One We Praise.........

Some days grief is not heavy or hard.  Some days it weighs more than an elephant.  Some days I can push through all of the wondering and the why.  And some days I need reminding that God loves me.  And all of this journey is for His glory.

In light of the recent homegoings of Sydney and Zoe I needed a little reminding.  Johanna hasn't been gone from us for very long.  But it feels like an century.  And whenever I learn of another precious child making their passage to heaven I'm reminded.  It's not bad to be reminded.  My Dad tells me that we hurt to remember.  And I'm so glad we do.

But..............I'm also reminded of something else.  And today I'm envious of all the babies, children, and adults that have gone before me.  They are already praising my Savior in His presence.  The very thing I was created to do.  My heart, soul, and spirit yearn for that day.

There are many things that bring comfort.  This is my comfort today.




He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler
Psalm 91:1-4

6 comments:

Jules said...

Will be thinking and praying for you today. May the Lord be your strength and comfort. Thanks for sharing that Psalm, it was a blessing.

Jules said...

PS. I love that song too! My heart surely hungers for God and His Truths!

Jamie Lynn said...

I love Selah! & I love this post:) && I love you!!

I gave that passage to Chris the other day because he was going through a battle with some grief and different things.. Psalm 91 is an awesome passage.

Hil said...

Thank you so much for your prayers and for asking others to pray for Sydney Grace and her family. She was such a blessing and she will be greatly missed. I pray that the Lord will lift you up during difficult times and remind you that one day you will see your sweet girl again.

Holly said...

I can be envious of them too that go before. I so wanna be there!

Jennifer Owens said...

I love how you said grief is not always heavy or hard. Grief has so many facets to it doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing the song. Music always comforts my heart.