Monday, January 11, 2010

An Honest Statement/ And My Faves

I had a little bit of a breakdown/pity party last night after Chad and I went to bed.  I was having a hard time with the unfairness(that's probably a made up word) of having to give JoJo back to God.  I competely understand the eternal hope that I have and I'm thankful for that.  But right now it just plain hurts sometimes.  I'm hoping my written honesty will not only help me, but maybe somebody else out there in cyberland will get some help from my incessant ramblings.

Enough sad stuff.  Today I'm trying to keep my mind set on things that create happy thoughts.  Kinda like Peter Pan without the Lost Boys or fairy dust.  I thought I would share my fave things that are bringing me a smile at this very moment.

  • Route 44 Diet Coke from Sonic.  I got one at lunch and I'm still sipping away on that thing.
  • Blackberry Messenger.  I'm really far behind on this since I've had a Blackberry for a year and I'm just now learning this feature exists.  And since I've learned how to use it, I'm embracing it.
  • Our youth choir(for whom I play the piano, unless I have a sick baby like last night) is learning a some new songs right now.  The songs are just really cool and a lot of fun to sing and play.
  • Coach!!  My fantastic parents were gracious enough to get me a Coach bag and wallet for Christmas(off the clearance rack and with a coupon I might add).  I love it. 
  • Selah and Steven Curtis Chapman.  I got these CD's for Christmas.  Lovin' them both. 
  • Pink Papermate Write for Hope ink pens.  I love this pen and especially love it when I can find it in pink.
  • Freezer food.  Dinner is already cooked.  All I have to do is get it hot when I get home tonight.
That's what's making me smile at the moment.  What about you?  Got anything just really cool floating through your mind that's giving you a grin?

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

yeah i do... i have this friend that never ceases to amaze me, she can make me cry , smile, and laugh all in one short paragraph!! hope you enjoyed your diet coke but raspberry tea is still better!! lol ~jennifer

Kelly said...

Praying for you, Nikki. You have touched so many people through Jo's story. I love freezer meals too!! :)

Jamie Lynn said...

Why yes.. at this very moment, it's your son preaching out of a tractor book. Hahahaha, love it.

Maryellen said...

I saw a sign on a church driving on my lunch hour it said,

We are open between Christmas and Easter . . . stop in . . .

LOL cracked me up

A said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!

Andrea said...

I am smiling that you used the analogy of Peter Pan--we just watched that last night for Emma's first time!!
I am also smiling that I am able to learn more about you and your wonderful family...even though we are bloggers who have not(and probably never)met, I feel like a friend!
I hope you have a great day today!!

Holly said...

I've thrown a pity party or two. What's making me smile? My house at the moment is clean!