Tuesday, January 19, 2010

You Provided the Q's...............

...........now I shall provide the A's.  All with a little Veggies Tales in the background.

What was the first thing that went through your head when you found out Johanna had Trisomy 18?
This is a totally awesome question.  I'm not really sure if I've ever answered that to anybody excpet maybe Chad.  But maybe not even to him.  The first thing I thought was that I would never go shopping for a prom dress or help plan her wedding. I know that's not the most spiritual thing but that's the honest answer.

What was the nicest thing that someone did for you while you were waiting for her?  After her birth?
I have honestly thought about this for an entire week and I don't have just one thing.  I was given a celebration luncheon with my former employees.  I also had a girls night out a week before JoJo was born.  My OB's office sent me flowers and a sympathy card.  We receive somewhere close to 200 sympathy and thinking of you cards.  My mom took me on a short getaway to Pigeon Forge to give JoJo Christmas.  I'm sorry to not be more specific but I just can't narrow it down to 1 thing.

What is your favorite memory of your husband?
Hubs is absolutely wonderful to me.  I think my most favorite memory is the very first time he held my hand.  It was our first date(more on that later).  I remember everything about that night.  I remember what we were wearing, the butterflies I had in my stomach.  It was a great night.

What is your favorite memory of your son?
The day he smiled at me(and just one of those random or gassy smiles). I was having dinner with Mom and Dad at a restaurant called Judges.  He was still in the tiny infant car seat.  I looked over to check on him and gave me a big pacifier grin.  He melts his mommy's heart.

What is your favorite memory of your daughter?
This one's easy.  Her cry.  It was short but I'm so thankful we got to hear it.

If you could go on a family vacation somewhere, where would you go?
I would go to Pennsylvania.  I want to go to the Amish Country, Sesame Place, Hershey, Gettysburg, and Philadelphia.

Did you have a specific plan of how far apart in age your kids were going to be, and how many you were going to have?
Yes I did.  Chad and I waited a little while to have babies.  That was best for our marriage and relationship.  However we both wanted them close together once we started.  I wanted 4 and he has always told me that he would take an entire baseball team(that's not happening unless God strikes me with permanent insanity).  I had always thought that we would have them all within 6 years.  After reading that maybe I am insane.  4 babies in 6 years is quite an undertaking.

And does it bother you at all that your kids(not forgetting the one in Heaven) will now be further spaced in age?
I'll be completely honest and tell you that it does indeed bother me that MY plan has been changed.  This is something that I'm having to surrender to the Lord daily.  He's working on me.  But I have a hard time letting go of MY plan.  There are days when I wish things were different and that Clayton won't be so many years older than his next sibling.  But in light of recent unemployment events I can see God's timing.  I can see Him shutting the baby door for now.  I think we will know when its God's timing for more babies.  I've had to adjust to this train of thought because this is not how I wanted my life to go.  But it's all good.

When and where was your first date?
Our first date was on June 18th 1998(that seems like such a long time ago).  We went to the movies and saw "The Truman Show".  It is probably the worst movie I have ever seen. We were silent in his truck on the way back to my house and Chad reached over and held my hand. 

How come you don't post any photos of yourself on your blog?
The WWW is the place that I can be 5'5, 125, and a natural red head.  I can be anything you imagine me to be.  I've never really thought about that except that I'm usually the one behind the camera.  Maybe I need to step out front a little more ofter.  For my adoring fans of course.

What are your favorite beauty products?
The absolute cheapest thing I can find.  I'm serious about that.  I've used Suave shampoo, conditioner, and hairspray for years.  The one thing that I use that is kinda pricey is Bed Head's Small Talk.  My friend introduced it to me a few years back and I've been hooked.  I only use Crest Whitening Expressions Cinnamon Rush toothpaste(because I'm picky about tastes and textures).  I do like Johnson and Johnson Cucumber Melon Baby wash.  I bought this on a whim for Clayton about a year ago and I haven't looked back.  Chad and I use it to wash ourselves as well.  And I use it instead of shaving cream.  I just like it better.

That was so much fun.  Thanks for participating.  I really enjoyed reading the questions and thinking about all the answers.

6 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

Awhh! Hahaha, I love this. If I had enough adoring fans.. like you, I'd probably post that. To ask me whatever question you want. Well, I might do it anyways.. one or two questions are better than absolutely none.

Simply Donna...... said...

That was great. I enjoyed the read. I was thinking that since you have so much time on your hands, I should turn you lose on my blog and have u make some changes. What ya think???

Maryellen said...

Enjoyed the replies . . .
looking really forward to seeing your smiling face :)

Kathleen said...

Fun! I'm with you, though - I would rather be behind the camera than in front of it =p and I like seeing my artwork much better than seeing me *laughs*

Holly said...

Hope you had fun with the Q&A! Thanks for answering them all! That's one of the things that hit me hard was knowing my girls wouldn't be close in age like I had always dreamed because my sister and I are 14 months apart. They were 15 months apart when Carleigh was born.

christina said...

gaaaaah! ok. love all these...esp. the one about space in age of babies. feeling you on that one for sure..but i have to help you see the light on truman show. I fell in love with it again after i heard a speaker (christopher west) talk on how truman show is like our world, in that the enemy is constantly trying to cover up the truth with his lies and how LOVE is what brought the truth to light. More on this later. I could post a whole blog on it...hmm.....