Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ladies Conference 2010

Our first(and hopefully annual) Ladies Conference our church hosted is in the books.  It was totally awesome.  I loved every minute of the planning, the actual conference, the cleanup, and washing all of those white table cloths(no Mom I'm not being sarcastic).

I was the first one at bat on Friday evening.  It was awesome to tell Johanna's story and to see others responding.  I'm so glad God gave us this little girl when He did.  It's amazing.  Had she been born earlier I might not have had the opportunity tell her story.  Had she born later, I wouldn't have been able to get through my speech(that's what Chad kept calling it).  And I got a totally awesome gift basket.  It really was quite cool  It had a picture frame in it that fits perfectly on the back of my toilet.  Don't laugh.  I've been reading a little about shopping your house when you want to change up a room.  And since my new job doesn't pay anything I decided to that yesterday.  And I love seeing my babies and the hubs when I'm drying my hair.  I almost forgot.  My lovely basket that now sits atop my dresser and contains Chad's belts, tie chains, cuff links, and other sundry necessities also contained a book "Having a Mary Spirit".  I'm loving it.

I digress.

Next up was our keynote speaker, Ms. Carol Kent.  She spoke briefly about her son and their journey.  Google it if you are interested(it's an awesome story of redemption and unconditional love).

On Saturday I got to help play hostess with Mom.  And I loved every minute of it.  It's so wonderful giving back to these ladies that work so hard to take care of their families.

In addition to Carol Kent our Saturday speakers were Christine Braidwood and Lori James.  Ms. Christine and her husband were missionaries to Haiti for a number of years.  She spoke about their ministry there and also about the recent earthquake and how that has affected God's work in Haiti.  In the afternoon Lori James brought to us a message of the New Year.  And how in this new year we have an opportunity to examine ourselves and become more involved with our church, our family, and most importantly our Lord.

We also had a fashion show(that was totally awesome and HILARIOUS), a skit, door prizes, and lunch.  That Chad claims he "cooked".  Even though it was a cold cut sandwich, cookie, and chips that needed to be assembled.  And if I remember correctly our totally awesome ladies had everything assembled before Chad was to take over the kitchen duties.  Thanks for you help babe.  We couldn't have made it without you.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  It was an awesome way to spend the weekend.  Basking in God's love, mercy, and grace with like minded women!  The only thing I would add is calorie free chocolate that still tastes like the most amazing dark bitter chocolate to munch on throughout the entire conference.  That would be a ladies fantasy dream.

There are many things that I have taken away from our conference and stored in the closets in my brain for God to use at a later day.

And that later day will be tomorrow.  I learned something amazing and I can't wait to share it.


To Be Continued.....................

1 comments:

christina said...

hey you. wanted to ask..if you wanted me/ wouldn't mind me posting a pic and link to jo and you on my crochet blog? partly because i want to share how i got to feel connected to her and my girl all at once..but also because i know how much i love it when strangers get to read about and learn about the Lord thru the lives He gaves us in our girls. whatcha say? you pic...just wasn't sure which beanie pic was your fav...or maybe i am sure..as i am looking at her now. :)