Monday, January 18, 2010

Who Knew?

On Friday I mentioned that I had a very specific and special prayer request for my family.  I'm over the shock now so I think I will share with my Internet buddies(no I'm not pregnant).

Deep breath................

Friday morning around 9:28, I unexpectedly, unknowingly, and from no fault of my own I became for now a STAY AT HOME MOM.  Health care has taken a hit because of the recent insurance reimbursement changes and the ever depressed economy.  Because of these monetary decreases physician offices have less money to go around.  And when there is less money there are less employees.

And this time it just happened to be me.

On Friday it was a complete shock.  For the over obscessive planner that I am it would have been nice to have some kind of warning instead of things coming out of the blue.  But God knows I'm an over obscessive planner and I would have been worried for weeks if things had been laid out before me earlier.  But today on Monday morning I'm excited.  I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for me.  It's gonna be something totally awesome.

I know what I want to do.  I don't want to share it just yet because I'm a little afraid.  I know that seems silly in light of all the things Chad and I have had to deal with in the last year.  But what I'm praying about and asking the Lord to guide me with will be life changing for our family.  I don't want or plan to be a SAHM forever.  I love working.  Please don't blast me with nasty email about the advantages and joys of being a SAHM.  I believe both publicls employed mothers and mothers that work in the home are both needed in our world.  In my opinion(and this is my blog I can do that) God loves the working mom and the SAHM the same.  Neither job is more important to the Lord.  That's a rant I've had for years and it kinda feels good to have it off my chest.  I've been employed constantly since I was 15 so this being around the house thing is going to be a new and strange experience for me.

Just as I have blogged about Johanna(and still do), I will now also blog about the joys, trials, laughs, and tears of unemployment.  The Employment Security Commission office should provide a great cultural experience.  I think I'll leave you with a verse.  It's one of my faves(but I have oodles of fave scripture).  I believe it is fitting and appropriate for this transition.


"I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord.  Thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you an expected end."  Jeremiah 29:11

PS.  The Ladies Conference was out of this world amazing.  I'll blog more about it this week.  It was wonderful to share JoJo's story.  It's also opened up a few doors to go elsewhere and tell about God's love and a very special litle girl.

PPS.  QandA coming soon.  If you have more questions in light of these recent events please leave them.  I would love to answer.

11 comments:

Lucy and Ethel said...

Well, it's a SUNNY day here, so it's probably sunny there, too, and that's a good sign :)

Sometimes God has to pull us out of a situation that has become quite comfy (or even merely tolerable) so that we are free to do what He'd like us to do.

And we are sometimes surprised!

Can't wait to hear what your next move is :)

Helen/'Lucy'

PS - I'm working like a mad dog on the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation (SMA) in the Chase Giving, of course, but I used a vote for the Trisomy 18 group because of Johanna :)

Pam said...

It's an exciting time. God always is seeing the bigger picture and for that we can truly be thankful. I can't wait to hear what He is up to. He always just blows us away with things like this.
I want to hear all about the confrence to. I know it was just awesome!!!!!!!
He was not surprised Friday. It's all in His plan!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to you soon,
Pam

Monica said...

I love being a sahm, but it is not for everyone. Some women are better moms because they work. Personal choices. I will be praying for you as you begin your new adventure. 2010 is starting out with some pretty big changes for your family!

Jennifer said...

hey girl just consider yourself a temp in the stay at home mom workforce...and make the most of it. i love it but i agree its not for everyone.. had a blast this weekend can't wait to do it again next year!! love ya !!!

A said...

Yayyy! That will be a wonderful blessing even if it is only temporary! I am glad that you are at peace with how this panned out! Love ya :)

Jules said...

Hey Nikki, you don't know me, but I was at the "There Is A Founatain Women's Conference" this past weekend. And when you said you blogged, I of course had to look you up b/c I too am a blogger. :o) I had a really awesome time at the conference. As I told our church Sunday morning, "as David said in the Psalms, surely my cup runneth over!". I was truly blessed and am looking forward to next year in hopes that God will enable a way for it to happen again!

Appreciate your testimony and thoughts you spoke about Friday evening. May the Lord continue to bless you in your ministry.

Jamie Lynn said...

I'm know I'm younger than you, but.. I'm sure that you know that I look up to you. So.. I'm proud of you:). & I'm sure Clayton loves this extra time with Mommy!

Kathleen said...

Enjoy your SAHM time! I was forced to work and really longed to be at home, so my thoughts are colored with those memories. God is a Lord of miracles and provision. Love that verse =)

Andrea said...

I hope you are able teo make the most of your SAHM time! I am sure you will have a great time with Clayton! I can't wait to hear what your next step in life will be.

Kelly said...

Wow, I can only imagine your shock! I'll definitely be praying that God supplies you with something else. Hope you enjoy this time at home with Clayton!

Holly said...

What a change! Healthcare IS struggling that's for sure. Our hospital is having a terrible time and we're currently in the process of getting bought out. It's scary how slow we've been in my department and I guess it's like that in the whole hospital. I'm not quite sure what I would do with myself being at home all day!!