Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Just Another Manic Monday........

woo...woo....wish it was Sunday.....woo....woo.......

I have had this whole day planned out for a few days.  Clayton and I were going(against my better judgement on a Monday) to the Employment Security Commission to attempt to convince them that my surname(their wording) was in fact correct.  I have my documentation all ready and I have my "take no prisoners" attitude pulled out of the closet for today.

And then..............

Here's where the insane saga begins.  We have a environment friendly pellet heater.  Not that we're are particularly "green" obsessed.  We needed a new heat source for our super old house and we came upon this heater at a steal.  You wouldn't believe me if I told you.  It was no coincidence, God provided for us exactly when we needed it.  Anyway, because we live in an older house with a very damp basement we don't have anywhere to store massive amounts of pellets.  We buy what we need on an as needed basis.  There are only 2 places in our area that we can buy them.  We decided to get them yesterday at the Tractor Supply near our church.  Well........we forgot.  I remembered it about 6:37 during church service.  Everybody is closed at that time on a Sunday and besides we were in church.  Fail #1.

Because I am so not gonna win any mother of the year awards this year I immediately panic.  What are we gonna do about Clayton?  He can't stay at a house that is cold.  Since we were at church and Chad was supposed(more on that later) to be at school this morning in the same town as our church, where the pellets are, and where my parents live, Chad and I decided that it would be the smartest thing for Clayton to stay with Mom and Dad last night and Chad would get him as soon as school was out at 10:30 this morning.  We are after all adults and can deal with a cool house that actually wasn't all that cold to begin with.  And I would go to the ESC(again against my better judgement) alone and deal with the masses.  And then bathe myself in a vat of sanitizer.

And then............

Chad and I got out of bed this morning, he got ready for schoole and I sat down to enjoy my Special K.  When Chad left and started his truck...........nothing.  Dead in the water.  Dead as a door nail.  Kaput.  Finito.  It had kicked the old bucket.

He's working on it now.  There are a whole list of things that could be wrong.  We are thankful that Chad grew up around trucks(even if they were diesel many of the applications are the same) and knows how to fix almost anything.  Because of the way our drive way is made, my car is trapped in the drive way.  No ESC( WOOT!!  WOOT!!) for me today.  Sigh......I just have to do it tomorrow. 

I hope your Monday is infinitely less interesting that ours has been.  And it's only 9:22am.

4 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

No! It can't be dead. I love that truck. All it needs is some TLC, a kick in the side, a few "kind" words, couple of tears, a new paint job, another kick, & of course some TLC! Hahahaha..

Jules said...

And you know what the sad thing is? My Hubs and I were at the very same Tractor Supply yesterday early evening. Too bad we didn't know each other more on a personal level verses a blog level. LOL. Hope your Monday starts looking up. Perhaps God knew you didn't need to go the the ESC today for whatever reason.

A said...

Oh no :( I know how you feel- Its been one of those days (or last couple days) for me too! Things will get better! Love ya!

Holly said...

Well I hope the truck gets to running again!!