Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Big Plan

Monday of last week I told ya'll that I had been laid(?layed) off.  It was a shock and a surprise.  But I can see God doing something marvellous.  I've been dreaming of something for a while.  And now I have the opportunity to reach out and touch that dream.  I was actually going to begin taking the baby steps last summer.  But then we found out that Johanna had Trisomy 18.  God changed our/my plans and His timing really is the best.  So now instead of taking the baby steps, I get to take the big leap all at one time.  I'm afraid to go do it and I'm afraid not to do it.  I feel like I am Charlie and Willy Wonka has given me the golden ticket.  All I have to do is take it to the chocolate factory, and ride the magic glass elevator.  Well maybe that was over the top.  But I do love Willy Wonka.

I digress.  And I'm rambling(because I'm scared).

I have worked in medicine in one form or another since I was in high school.  And I love it.  I'm made for it.  With God's direction and His unexplainable timing, I have decided to begin the journey of Emergency Medical Services.  If all goes as planned(but what does) and as the advisors have assured me, I will begin the Paramedic program in August.  I can't begin to describe how excited I am.  There are so many advantages and very few disadvantages.  The program is a 2 year program and I should finish May 2012 with an AAS in Emergency Medical Services.  Once I'm finished I want to work.  I love working.  And I hope to be in a position to actually help someone.  To save lives and to show others how much God loves them.  My ultimate fantasy goal would be that of Flight Paramedic.  But that has to wait.  We'll see what God has in store for me.

He works all things for my good(paraphrased from Romans 8:28).  Even unemployment.  He knows the desires of my heart and is giving them to me in the most unexpected way.

12 comments:

Simply Donna...... said...

Woot! Good for you. I know that you will do great!

Adrienne said...

I think that's a great idea! You're a strong woman and I have a feeling you can do pretty much anything you set your mind to.

Jennifer Beaver said...

That's awesome! I wish you the best of luck!

Lucy and Ethel said...

This IS exciting!!!

Where is the program offered?

What's really nice is that you have some time to do OTHER things!

Maybe you and the boys can come up to the mountains one day... or a couple :)

Lucy

Monica said...

You have seen first hand how compassionate health care workers can make so much of a difference. I think it is wonderful!

Jules said...

I love how God works!

shambleyhomeschool said...

This sounds fantastic! It always amazes me when I am scared to move forward with something great and God steps in and moves mountains for me!

Jennifer said...

yay girl ! im so excited for you, to have a chance to chase you dreams, and all along He was working it out for you! congratulations, i look forwrd to seeing all that He does in and thru your life!

A said...

Yayyyy! Congrats! Dont be scared- Youll be great! Both my sister and her husband are Paramedics and we have a friend who is a flight paramedic and she LOVES it!! So happy for you!!!

Kathleen said...

Praying for you!

Holly said...

This would be a great field to get into!

christina said...

so interesting that you are sharing this now! I know i've neglected the blog but i've not neglected following all my moms..and i've been praying about my "5 year plan" to go into ultrasound tech training. I feel like a pro, it comes so natural to me now and i loved learning thru the process with Cana. My heart is with you and will be praying for God's perfect will to be revealed and your discernment to be right on! loveu guys!